Friday, May 13, 2011

Comfort Reading

I haven't had a lot to blog about since I got home for the summer because I have been doing approximately jack shit about writing. I've been working a lot, and retail just takes all the fight out of me. It crushes my soul.

I've been doing what I call "comfort reading" since I got home, which is comparable to eating comfort food. I haven't been reading anything challenging. I've been reading a lot of YA, chick lit, and celebrity memoirs (Portia de Rossi's book was definitely challenging, but in a different way than I'm used to). I've also been rereading a lot. It's been fun, but I feel like I need to get "back on track," so to speak.

I also need to start writing more. I have this fabulous idea that's been scratching at me, but I just haven't devoted any real time to it. I need to get on it. Though I'm occupied with so many more things in the school year than I am in the summer, I'm usually way more productive. I think it also has something to do with the fact that being in my hometown for the summer makes me excessively BORED. There's nothing to do here, I'm broke, and I don't have that many friends around here anymore (and those that are here aren't home yet). I need to get back to Pittsburgh.

This is rapidly descending into the realm of the needy livejournal entry, so I'm going to stop. I'm going to try harder.

I'm listening to Glee right now. GLEEK FOREVER.

-Taylor

No comments:

Post a Comment