Wednesday, April 27, 2011

"using it to our own ends, mocking our own superstition"

Reading Cadenza for the Schneidermann Violin Concerto while waiting for the elevator, making an already fragmented narrative even more fragmented.

Telling a barista that I like her tank top, her turning to show me skin beneath the lace back.

Learning how sound works will not make you appreciate music more, unless maybe if you're a musician.

The return of warm weather bringing back how people smell, the odor of boys reminding me of crowded hallways in high school.

Seeing couples everywhere because it's fucking spring, with their hands on each others' bare arms, the way they lean into each other.

Finding similar sentences in my pieces and realizing that I return to certain images again and again (including bare arms for whatever reason).

A line from a physics powerpoint presentation: "Interested in modes of percussion instruments? See, e.g., Rossing Ch. 13." I am not interested. I will never be interested. A diagram of the vocal system that looks like a diagram of a vagina in a medical textbook.

-Taylor

No comments:

Post a Comment